Electrolux uses video for efficient Intranet communication
Flexible to work with. Works for our colleagues in 60 countries. We use it for both on-demand video and livecasts.
Electrolux is a global leader in household appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 40 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. E-gate is the intranet solution used globally to communicate and share knowledge.
E-gate has 18 000 users spread across the globe. Video is used to:
- Communicate vision and strategy by management
- Share knowledge and ideas throughout the organization
- Educate staff
- User generated Innovation Jams
The goal for Electrolux was to make it easy for everyone to use and consume video. This meant integration with their content management system and both global as well as device independent delivery solution.
- EPiServer integration which makes it easy for everyone to upload videos
- Streaming using a global CDN
- Support for desktop and mobile visitors
- Responsive embed codes facilitate for mobile users
The launch of improved video support on E-gate has been a great success. Video views and unique users are continuously growing and the easy to use tool opens up new ways to use video. The choice of a scalable platform with a powerful API makes further development of new usage possible and Electrolux are experimenting with adding support for live streaming and user generated video contribution on a larger scale.
Delivered by our Partner
Avantime has developed the concept and design of E-gate since 2004.